Sunday, July 03, 2005

R.I.P. Luther Vandross - You will be missed

My favorite singer ever, Luther Ronzoni Vandross, passed away on July 1, 2005. He has been my favorite singer since I heard Hear and Now in 6th grade. I even did a fan website for him for an information archtecture class. I'm going to redo it now, since my web design skills have improved immensly if you ask me. I'm also a moderator for the yahoo fan group. We had 14 new people join the group yesterday...a little late if you ask me. So let's have a moment of silence for the man with the velvet voice.

..................................................................


Ok...on other topics I went to the Taste of Chicago today with my friends. That was fun, another way to meet/see lots of crazy people. One thing that's weird is that this is the second year I've ever been to the taste, and it's also the second time I've seen people that I've known from college or met in another city. It's odd for there to be sooooooooo many people there and yet still find someone you know...but maybe this is just an oddity for me, does this happen to others. I remember when I went on spring break twice I saw people from my college that did not go with us. Once in our hotel in Las Vegas and another time in Cozumel, Mexico on the way back to our cruise ship. Craziness.


People I randomly meet like to confide in me for some reason sometimes, like the lady walking behind me at the taste who felt the need to tell me that she has a bad hip, and then once noticing my friends funnel cake decides to tell me that she'd want one of those but she's scared of getting the sugar in her teeth. Why me?

Well my favorite crazy person of today has to be the weird guy on the train. I think he was one of those performers in the subway because he had one of those special ID passes. I sit down in the seats that face each other...he's sitting in the seat that's side closest to me. Keep in mind it's kinda crowded because of the Taste, so there aren't a lot of available seats. A nice Hispanic lady sits there and her kid sits across from her. The guy immediately starts talking to her about the weather, etc, blah blah blah, she's trying to talk to her kid across the aisle, but every time she leans over he says something else and she's nice enough to sit back up and nod. Finally another seat opens up and she moves. Then an Asian lady sits there and she kinda nods along too, finally she moves to another seat. So I'm thinking to myself, (since I know people like that are drawn to me) I just won't make eye contact, so I'm looking everywhere except at him. All of a sudden I feel a tap on my shoulder, and the guy's asking me if I heard about Luther, and how sad it was....I'm like yeah I heard I'm a big fan, I was hoping that would be it, but he proceeded to talk, and talk, and talk. At one point he said yeah it's sad that Luther is dead, it's just like when Al Green died....and I'm thinking to myself WHAT!!! AL GREEN IS DEAD???! And then I'm like wait, and I tell him Al Green isn't dead, lol. At this point my friends are just cracking up a few seats away. So them cracking up is making me crack up. Yet the guy keeps talking to me I guess he just thinks I'm jolly or something. Another girl is behind the guy and suddenly she's cracking up too, and shaking her head. The guy talks and talks and talks, he sings, he raps, he recites his poetry, this is from like Grand on the redline all the way to the Lawrence or Argyle stop where he finally gets off, and I can stop laughing because I was starting to get lightheaded, not to mention I had to go to the bathroom. So that was my craziness for the day...

BTW, I finally have a job! YAY! I work for http://www.talhavision.com. I'm designing the advertisments for the kiosks. I still freelance on the side, and I may get a part time job just to have spending money so that I can start saving up for the future.

1 Comments:

Blogger Akesha said...

I witnessed Nicole make a friend...
My, my, my my my

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home