Monday, July 04, 2005

No crazies today...Just more pondering

Thinking about my last question, "Why do we cry?" I wondered today, "Do other animals cry?" So I went on another question on google, and I fell better that I'm not the only one asking this because the first result pretty much answered my question. They basically said that although animals produce tears to clean and protect the eye, we don't really know for certain if they produce emotional tears. Human's are so far the only definite "animals" that produce emotional tears. Although elephants are said to do it, I don't know if it's the same as us. Also animals do cry vocally because of distress or sorrow, they just don't produce the actual tears necessarily. Read the article.

My other question is one that's been asked by many, especially comedians..."Why do men have nipples?" There really is no reason for it. So I looked that up too, the article said that it may be that the nipples are sexually independent, like brains and arms and legs. You get it independently of the sex, but in some male mammals such as rats and mice, the nipple development is suppressed by male hormones, so I still don't know the answer to the question.

But other animals such as boars, dogs, cats, and all primates have male nipples, which are also known as mammae masculinae. So that's that, although we still don't know why, this gives me a tad more information....2 articles for ya.... One .... Two

I'll think of some more questions later, I had a really good one last night, and then I forgot what it was, hopefully I'll think of it tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home