Saturday, July 23, 2005

I wanna be rich...do do do do do do do oooohh...

Remember that song...Well that's one of my many theme songs. Recently my friends and I have been discussing wants and goals. And one of my goals has always been to be rich. For some reason my friends find this funny. Ever since I was a child, I've always heard that money can't buy you happiness, and I want to prove this statement wrong. I want to earn about a million per year, after taxes. I want to make enough that I can pay off all of my student loans, which are about 100,000, and pay off my credit cards which are about 7,000. And any other incendental bills...then I want to be able to buy a nice house/condo and car...and the rest of the money will work for me, so that I can do the things I want in life. I haven't quite figured out how to do this yet.

I have no real focus in life...there's so many different professions I want to do...

The short list...

I love being a web/graphic designer, it's a job I enjoy doing, and I don't mind doing it for fun sometimes, just little things for myself or family that I wouldn't get paid for...

My motto/email signature...is

"If you get a job you love, you'll never work a day in your life." - John P Grier

So that is one job that falls under this category....

I also still want to be a lawyer, intellectual property is the area I want to work in, so I would still be in contact with designers and artists...

Those are my two main things, one I have training for, one I want to have training for, and will hopefully attend law school sometime soon.

Other things I want to do include, owning a natural hair salon and spa, flipping properties, owning a clothing store, owning a bar/night club, I wouldn't mind being a personal shopper so that I get to shop and get paid for it...I love shopping...I would also like to have a non profit so that I can help people, (not quite sure who the targeted group would be, probably inner city children or homeless people), interior designer, clothing designer (I'd specialize in plus size fashions), and last but not least, a writer. For television or children's books, or short stories or something....

I had an idea for a book last night...I'm going to compile stories of people who are over the age of 21 who have had less than five dates in their life. I think it would be an interesting read.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the wrong idea about you. nice goals, keep working towards them

11:45 AM  
Blogger mschicamae said...

Hi, thanks for the post and the encouragement, so what was the wrong idea that you had about me? and who are you lol?

2:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home